We are a team of attorneys and agents who specialize in Immigration Law, asylum, and the employment of foreign nationals in Denmark. We provide a number of comprehensive services, tailored to individual needs, and offer assistance for immigration.
Our services aim to offer much-needed guidance for individuals who are interested in taking up employment or studying in Denmark as well as those who are only interested in staying in the country for short periods of time and need to obtain a visa for their particular needs. Understanding the visa requirements as well as the main immigration principles is essential for all foreign nationals willing to enter the country. Our immigration lawyer in Denmark offers complete guidance and can help coordinate clients during the visa application process.
What do we specialize in?
We assist foreign nationals who wish to move to Denmark irrespective of their country of origin. Our approach is an integrated one, meaning that we provide both pre and post-arrival services for immigrants.
Denmark immigration is a multi-step process, starting with applying for the right type of visa or residence permit. We offer specialized aid for applying for one. Some of the common types are the following:
- Work purposes: you have been offered a job in Denmark or you are planning on coming to the country to look for employment;
- Study in Denmark: you have been admitted to a Danish University, to a youth study programme or for an internship;
- Family reunification: you are interested in coming to the country to live with your partner or another family member who is already a resident;
- Permanent residence: you have been lawfully living in the country for at least eight years (in some situations only for four years) and you intend on remaining in the country permanently.
Please keep in mind that these are only part of the services offered by our immigration lawyer in Denmark. You can always reach out to find out more about our team, our areas of specialization, and how we can assist you.
When should you contact us?
We are available for inquiries regarding all of the immigration phases. You can reach out to us when you are first considering applying for a visa or a residence and work permit just as well as after you have obtained these documents and are ready to make the first steps towards settling in.
Moving to Denmark is not a complicated procedure, nevertheless, it is an important choice and life change and, depending on your country of origin, it will also mean adjusting to a new cultural setting, social habits as well as a new language that for many foreign nationals may seem quite different from their own. Our team is ready to assist you during this transition and knows the importance of an integrated set of immigration services. Apart from reaching out to us when you are applying for a permit or visa, you can also contact us for the following:
- Individual registration: individuals need to obtain their Central Person Register number, which is essential for social security and tax issues; after this, the individual can also apply for the useful NemID card;
- Banking: opening a bank account with a Danish bank branch will be possible after all of the formalities are complete; the NemID can also be used for online banking;
- Insurance: there are three types of mandatory insurance in the country: liability for a motor vehicle, dog insurance, and insurance against fire for real estate (when applicable);
- Family and children: finding a childcare center and a school as well as employing an au pair can be issues that need to be taken into consideration for families;
- Others: there are many other practical matters to keep in mind when moving to Denmark, such as taxation; we can help you address any issues.
You can reach out to us for more information about these issues and for complex matters, such as international marriage if this is something that you are interested in for immigration purposes. We can provide details on the policies set forth by the Agency of Family Law.
Key figures for Denmark immigration
Denmark is a Nordic country with much to offer, a fact that is highlighted by the immigration statistics published by Statistics Denmark:
- there were 258,158 immigrants from western countries in the first quarter of 2020;
- 356,195 immigrants from non-western countries arrived in the country during the first quarter of 2020;
- 1,781 people changed to Danish citizenship in 2019 and 2,836 became Danish citizens in 2018.
Contact our immigration lawyer in Denmark for more details about our team and how we can assist you.